The combination of visual art and the written word adds a deeper dimension to the overall experience.
Please consider submitting an original quotation either online or by mail and know that you are helping to create a community that is safe and inclusive for all.
Entries can be no longer than 20 words. Below are some ideas to help stimulate your thoughts about “enriching lives through diversity and inclusion.”
- What does embracing our differences mean to you?
- What does diversity and inclusion mean to you?
- Have you ever felt discrimination? What did it feel like?
- Have you ever been bullied? How did you feel?
- Have you witnessed someone being bullied? How did you feel?
- What have you done to stand up to hatred and prejudice?
- What are you looking for in a best friend?
- What would a perfect world look like?
- If possible, how would you change the world?
There is no submission fee. You may submit as many original quotations as you wish; however, you may only submit five at one time. If you wish to submit more than five quotations, you will need to submit them separately in groups of no more than five. Feel free to email us with your questions.
Judging will take place in early January, 2023. Those selected for inclusion in the exhibit will be notified by email. Winning entries will also be posted on our website. Only entries selected for display will be notified individually. Due to the volume of submissions, only artists/writers with entries selected for display will be notified individually. All winning entries will be posted on our website by early January.
The 2023 exhibit will be on exhibit May through September 2023 in Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti.
Teachers may complete submissions on behalf of their students and, at their option, substitute their personal or school contact information for that of their students.