Docent for Diversity
Docents play a critical role in maximizing visitors’ engagement with the exhibit. As a docent you will:
- Receive training prior to beginning to volunteer and will be provided with a written guide to make this experience easy and enjoyable.
- Lead scheduled tours that last between 40-60 minutes each at either Gallup Park in Ann Arbor or Riverside Park in Ypsilanti
- Submit your availability so that tours may be assigned at your convenience
- Be encouraged to lead 2 tours each day you volunteer, if at all possible
- Experience the joy of seeing and hearing young people’s reactions and insights!
Counter / Clicker
Counters/Clickers also play a very important role. They greet visitors to the exhibit and use a hand-help device to record the number of visitors to the exhibit. This information is used in garnering support for the sustainability efforts of EOD Michigan.
- Greet visitors
- Use a hand-held device to count visitors
- Bring a folding chair if you desire
Other Volunteer Opportunities
- Provide In-Kind graphic and printing services
- Join our Development team to raise money for the program
- Become a sponsor of the program (different levels)
- Promote the exhibit and programs to the schools, clubs and religious institutions with which you affiliate
Become a Volunteer
Sound interesting? Go ahead and fill out the form below to get started.